The online conference takes place in a dedicated conference platform. Opens at the day of the event:
The Opening Event will go live at 15:00 UCT and will be available on demand a few hours later.
We are embarking on a celebration of all things geothermal. To kick things off we have assembled a great line up of high-level speakers to set the tone for for the next 7 months of WGC 2020+1. In this opening event they will focus on the need to drive geothermal R&D forward and how geothermal will be part of the solution, if we are to limit global warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius.
- Þórdís Kolbrún Reykfjörð Gylfadóttir, Minister for Tourism, Industry and Innovation, Iceland
- Kadri Simson, European Union Commissioner for Energy, Estonia
- Edda S. A. Pind, CEO of CarbFix (Iceland)
- Allyson Anderson Book, VP Energy Transition at Baker Hughes, U.S.
- Ahmad Yuniarto, President Director PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy, Indonesia
- Andy Blair, President International Geothermal Association, New Zealand
- Guðlaugur Þór Þórðarson, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development Cooperation
Hosted by: Bjarni Pálsson, Landsvirkjun & Hidda Thorsteinsson, Reykjavik Energy